Since basically, it was our fault that our computer broke down, overused it - almost running it 24 hours a day, I'm listing here some of the Ways to Take Good Care of Your Computer.
- Get protection for your computer like anti-virus, anti-spyware and put firewall on your computer especially if you use your computer for internet connection. There are free versions you can install, just Google search for them.
- Clean your computer. Wipe off the dust accumulates on the CPU, monitor and keyboard. Dust clogs the vents behind your computer which contributes to its heating up. Microsoft provides a step-by-step guide how to clean properly your computer unit.
- Keep food and drinks away from your computer. You may accidentally spill some of it on your computer and that's not good at all.
- Provide a proper ventilation for your computer. If the place is not cool enough, the unit may overheat and fry some of the computer parts, just like what happened to our computer.
- Lastly, give your computer a rest. Though I've heard some say that it is all right to keep it on for long periods of time, it is necessary to give it time to rest. Overwork leads to inefficiency as they say. Make a schedule of time of use. That is what we are implementing now, since we are 6 in the family who are using one computer. Don't forget to turn it off. That is what happens sometimes, especially when we're waiting to download something.