The first project is a beautiful craft project made by Emmuel last school year using a latch-hook kit. Their class teacher actually bought the kit for them. Though the finished art project looks like it's a difficult to do, it really isn't because of the gadget latch hook used. I'm amazed that my 10-year old boy was enthusiastic in doing this. The finished craft can be used as a table mat, a pillow case or framed as a hang-on decor.
|Craft Using Latch-Hook|
The second and third art projects were done by Janel. It's quite obvious that these were used as projects for Halloween. The first is a spider web with glitters. The project used a black cartolina drawn with spider web using chalk. Then, the kids used glitter glue following the lines of the web and allowed it to dry.
|Spider web with glitters craft|
The next is a pumpkin with glitters craft. The materials included a template of a pumpkin and cut outs of eyes, nose and mouth using black cartolina prepared by their teacher. The kids colored the pumpkin (Janel is in Nursery and has not yet polished her coloring skill), glued the eyes, nose and mouth onto the pumpkin. The last step was to use glitter glue to line the mouth of the pumpkin.
|Pumpkin with glitters craft|
The last simple craft project is a toilet paper roll craft. This is not part of the art projects they did in school but my two sons enjoy doing this craft when they were 4-6 years old.
|Toilet Paper Roll Craft|
Here are the steps in making this toilet paper roll craft:
1. First, prepare the materials needed: Toilet paper roll, crayons or color pencils or pens, glue, scissor, pattern picture which can be printed from DLTK-kids.
2. Second, color the picture pattern.
3. Third, cut out the pictures / patterns.
4. Fourth, glue the different cut-outs on the toilet paper roll in the proper positions.
5. Lastly, let the glue dry and then play with your finished art craft.
I hope you will enjoy these art and craft projects with your kids.