Last weekend, I tried to do some face painting on my daughter as a preparation for her Halloween costume come November 2 for their school activity. We do not have time to go shopping for a Halloween costume, so I just improvised by using things that we already have at home. Saved us some money too. Anyway, for her costume, she will be wearing a simple witch's costume.
For her face painting, I just used some make-up though you can also use real face paint but I find it messier. With make-up, I can make better and cleaner design.
To make the witch's face paint:
- Put pink blush-on and pink eye-shadow.
- Use the eye brow pencil or eye liner (I used wet eye liner), to make the eye-brows just above the nose to the forehead ending with a swirl.
- Using the same pen/eye liner, I drew spider web on the left cheek and above the right eye.
- On the right cheek, I also drew sort of a vine with a flower at the end.
- Then, I added some yellow (you can use silver or gold) dots on the drawn eyebrow and the web for added design.
I also made a simple witch's hat from black cartolina.
- First, you make a cone. Cut out the excess at the bottom.
- Then, using the base of the cone, draw a circle on another black cartolina. Draw a parallel circle that is bigger than the first circle.
- Cut out the circle on the lines you drew. You will end up with a donut shape.
- Then, tape the donut shape cartolina to the base of the cone.
- You can make cut outs of whatever design you like to paste it on the hat or just add a ribbon like what I have done to my daughter's hat.
To finish her costume, she wore a black dress then we had some photo session with her sisters and a friend. Her two sisters also had me do a simple butterfly face paint just for fun. I had made a post before about how to make a butterfly face paint. By the way, the design of the witch's face paint I got from a hub on Halloween face painting and there are more face painting ideas there for the Halloween which you can check out.
That's it for this post.