|Image by svilenoo1, Stock.xchng|
The author, Pat Flynn said as he was talking to a friend, "Nothing is wrong with starting a blog, but what’s the business? How will you make money?" So, if you have a blog and would like to move it up further by turning your blog into a business, you can find really good suggestions from his article.
Many people who like to create a website to give their small business an online presence, actually do it by using a blogging platform such as Blogger or Wordpress (self-hosted). It is really easy and anyone without much technical skills can learn and do it quickly.
Creating a site usually just takes as little as 3 simple steps:
1. Buy a domain name. This is the name and address you want your website to have online. If possible, use the name of your business or your intended business niche as your domain name. You can go to GoDaddy, for example, and find out if the name is available and buy it.
2. Get a webhost. This is what you will need to publish your website online 24/7.
- You can use free blogging platforms such as Blogger.com. This is what I do with this blog; I bought a domain name and used it with Blogger.
- You cannot use the free Wordpress platform because you can't do much business such as advertising with it. But you can get a paid webhost such as Hostgator where you can use the Wordpress platform. This is what I did with the domain name, thegoodhealth.info, I won in an online contest last year.
- If you're using the free Blogger platform, you can find instructions on how to connect your domain name to the Blogger platform here.
- If you bought your own webhost account, they will email you details of your account's nameservers. Get this info and change the nameservers info in your domain name account. Wait for some time then you can have your website live online.
So, are you ready to make a simple website for your business? Why not start by blogging?