Cutting the Boy's Hair
My husband cut the boy's hair. He bought a good electric hair trimmer and he's been practicing cutting our boys hair even when we were still in Saudi. Before buying, whenever he brings the boys to the barber to cut their hair (costs 300-400 in pesos), he observes closely so he can copy what he's doing. At the start of cutting the boy's hair, their haircut turned out nicely, though in the first tries, it took him a long while that the boys complained of itchiness. Now, he can do it faster. So, how does he do it?
- First, he uses the hair trimmer to cut the hair at the edges from both ears side to the back.
- Then, he manually uses a pair of scissors specially made for hair cutting, to further trim the edges.
- Lastly, he cut the bangs.
|The girls are ready to go swimming with their new hair cut.|
Cutting the Girl's Hair
I am the one who cut the girls' hair. I was not planning to, but when they saw their father cutting the boys' hair, they said that they want also. I saw this You Tube video of a simple way to cut a girl's hair. The resulting style is the bob cut, I think. The steps are
- Braid the hair at back.
- Cut the hair anywhere - at the start of the braid or anywhere along the braid. It depends on how short or long you want the hair to be. (In the video, it didn't actually say you can cut anywhere along the braid, I just figured it out.)
- After cutting, you may need to trim the hair to straighten the edges or to make sure that the hair on both sides are of the same length. If you have curly or wavy hair, you won't need to do this since the straightness of the edges won't be much noticeable.
- Lastly, trim the bangs if necessary. I did not separately cut my girl's bangs because they have one length hair including the bangs.
I actually had some pictures taken while I cut the hair of the girls in my cellphone but my second daughter accidentally deleted them before I could copy them to the computer. Anyway, I'm just embedding the You Tube video where I saw this hair cutting method. What's also good about this video is that the cut braided hair can be donated to the charity, Wigs for Kids, to help children with cancer or alopecia gain their self-esteem again.