Travel Tax Exemption for Balikbayans

I can't believe that our vacation in the Philippines is now only 2 weeks to go. Actually, I want to enjoy the company of my family and friends in the Philippines more but I can't believe how expensive it is to enjoy this vacation.

Anyway, yesterday, we went to the Philippine Department of Tourism to process our travel tax. There are 6 of us in the family who are OFW dependents. If we will all pay the travel tax due to OFW dependents, each of us will pay Php500 (Php 300 + 200 processing fee) as travel tax.

Thank God, there is a provision for balikbayans whose stay in the Philippines is not more than a year to be exempted from travel tax. So, instead of paying Php500 each, we just paid Php200 each or Php1,200. For more information on paying travel tax in the Phlippines check the Philippine Tourism website.

While I was securing the travel tax certificates, my kids went to the Rizal Park Children's Playground beside the Philippine Tourism office. So, instead of getting bored waiting, they had some fun playing there together with their cousins. Below are some of the pictures.

Kristel and Janel's Camel Ride

Janel Back-to-back pose with Hannah

Janel and Angel Sliding Fun

Sliding Emmuel and Yuan with Cousins

Ohana cousins


Anonymous said…
I don't know if the rule applies to everyone but whenever I go to the Philippines, I don't pay the travel tax. Only when I depart (or leave) the Philippines, I pay the travel tax.
Chin chin said…
We also don't pay travel tax when we go to the Philippines, Bing. Only when we leave the Philippines.

OFWs don't pay travel tax while others either have reduced travel tax (about P800) or are exempted such as those who are below 2 years old or those balikbayans whose stay in the Philippines is less than a year.

Popular posts from this blog

Which Brand of Electric Fan Do You Recommend?

What's the Best Shampoo For Getting Rid of Head Lice?

Sisa Monologue Script in English