Can You Make Money Without Spending Money?
Disclosure: I may receive a small compensation if you click through some of the links in this post and make a purchase. Thank you.
Well, technically speaking, before I engaged in getting an online job, my husband and I already spent some money to buy a computer and pay for the internet subscription. If I did not get myself distracted in other things, such as taking that online course in Medical Transcription (which I did not finish anyway), I can say that it is possible not to spend more money to make money.
There are sites for service providers online like Upwork.com and Onlinejobs.ph that anyone who wants to offer his/her services can sign-up for free. When you find a job and get paid, the site gets a small percentage of your payment. So, you don't have to pay upfront for anything. That is one of the ways I make money online.
Wouldn't you love to learn of other ways you can make some extra money without spending? Consider some of these ideas or steps you can take to bring in extra money without spending any to get started:
1. Offer a service using one of your talentsEveryone's good at something and surely you have a talent that you can monetize. If you have talents like writing, website design, public speaking, playing a musical instrument, singing, etc., you can turn them into profitable services.
- Make a list of your talents and see if you can capitalize on those skills. I have written a list of skills or talents that can be provided as services on this post. You can also visit the service provider platforms I mentioned above to see what are in-demand skills that you can provide.
2. Sell something onlineThere are a lot of websites which allow people to post ads for free.You don't have to sell new items. You can sell second-hand items for a profit. This is called "product flipping."
- Look for items that can be sold in your basement or storage units.
- Take a good picture of the items and post the items for sale on Craigslist, eBay and even on Facebook.
3. Compile a list of services and sell them as a package.If you have several related talents, why not sell them as a package? That way you can offer more services and earn more.
For example, if you're a good writer, you could offer services like writing articles, editing, proofreading websites, creating resumes, or other services that use writing skills.
You can make a lot of money like this and it's completely free. The internet is a great way to advertise your services.
- Check out how some Fiverr.com sellers do it. See how one $5 gig can end up with a higher-priced service just by packaging services.
4. Offer babysitting, housesitting, or pet sitting services to people who are on vacation.There are a lot of people who are willing to pay people who can help with these tasks. Babysitting, housesitting, or watching someone else's pets are great gigs and you only need to spend some of your extra free time to do it. No cash out needed.
- Create a pamphlet advertising these services. Remember to put a phone number!
- Leave them on local billboards or pass them out in your neighborhood.
5. Teach.Everyone is an expert in something. Perhaps you can teach how to play the piano or guitar, do flower arrangements or plan a party. Figure out what you can teach other people and then find those people who would be willing to pay you to learn it.
This can be easily done offline, but it's also possible to do it online. There are websites such as Udemy, CourseCraft, and Thinkific that allow people to create an online classroom/course and teach people a particular skill or expertise. As teachers or course creators, you can charge the rates you want. You can use these sites for FREE for starters. You can upgrade your plan later on if you need to.
- Brainstorm what interesting topic/s you can teach people.
- Prepare a course on a topic that you like.
- Teach it.
As with idea #4, if people love your course, they'll recommend it to others helping your business to grow.
I hope these ideas have given you a starting point for making money without having to spend money. All that you need are creativity, courage, and strong determination. Give it a shot. If you work on it, you can succeed.