Good Learning Toys for Girls 4 to 10 Years Old
If you're buying toys as Christmas gifts or maybe birthday gifts for your children, I suggest buying something that they can play with and learn at the same time. Unlike during my childhood, there are many learning toys for kids of all age groups now. Most of these educational toys are appropriate for both girls and boys.
I'm not just talking about video games. It's interesting that these learning toys are creative and realistic. I'm glad that they can actually help my girls learn math, science, and language while having fun.
In this toys gift guide post, I would like to share ten toys for girls (and for boys as well) recommended for different age groups. You may want to gift these to your kids and help them in their intellectual development:
1. The Learning Resources Gears! Gears! Gears!
This is a fun learning toy. It allows kids to learn about science and how objects work together mechanically.
The gears in the set can be used to create a variety of moving projects and the set is compatible with other sets in the same line. This toy set can help build perseverance, confidence and STEM-supporting skills your kids will need for future success.
2. Learning Resources Pretend & Play School SetWith this playset, your little girl can spend hours of fun as she learns about school-related subjects through play. Help your daughter learn language and social skills to get her ready for real school.
Kids 3 years old and up can pretend to playschool. One can be the teacher and the others students. The set comes with a bunch of items including report cards, good-job stickers and a hall pass. There's also a grade book, a map, a dry erase board, erasable crayons, a clock, a bell, and more. This travel-friendly set has a handy fold up storage ability for easy clean up.
3. Learning Resources Primary Science Lab SetThis toy set will give your child lots of fun experimenting and learning about science. This Learning Resources Primary Science lab set comes with basic science tools that your child can use for different beginner science projects.
The 22-piece kit includes a magnifying glass, a set of tweezers, test tubes with stands, an eyedropper, a funnel and beaker and a set of goggles. There are 10 activity cards included that have an easy-to-follow guide for beginner science activities.
Learning Toys for 7 to 9 Year Old Girls
4. Vtech Innotab 3S Plus Kids TabletThe Vtech Innotab 3S Plus is a tablet that offers age-appropriate content for 4 to 9-year olds. Some of the educational content includes math, social studies, reading, language arts and science. Your child can also watch videos and play music. This tablet is preloaded with 14 apps and you also get 2 free apps that you can download for your child. You can buy more apps from the online store
It also has a Kid Connect feature that you can use with your smart phone to send messages to your child. Your child can email you, send you his school artwork and more through the kid safe Wi-Fi. The device has 3 GB of storage that is expandable to 32 GB using a flash card.
The Vtech Innotab Max comes with a pink tough and kid-friendly cover. It is removable so you can take it off when you're grown up.
5. Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science KitTogether with your daughter, create amazing projects like a volcano or sunset with the POOF-Slinky - Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit. The experiments included will help her learn about chemical reactions and scientific methods.
The kit includes an instructional guide, scoops, a container of red cabbage powder, cornstarch, baking soda, test tubes, pipette, some crystals, stir sticks and measuring cups, cotton swabs, and more.
6. SmartLab Toys Wallscapes Winged Wonders
Your girl will have fun decorating her bedroom walls with these 3-D winged creatures from SmartLab Toys. She will have fun learning fun facts about these bugs while making supersized versions of them.
She will create 5 big bugs - a grasshopper, a dragonfly, a bumblebee, a luna moth and a ladybug. This kit includes a full-color instruction book with interior design tips and techniques.
Learning Toys for 10-Year-Olds and Up
7. Thames & Kosmos Crystal GrowingThe Thames & Kosmos Crystal Growing is both a fun toy and a learning kit. Kids can discover the structure and shape of various crystals that they can grow. These crystals can be formed into a variety of shapes and different colors can be created using dyes.
Kids can make four crystals to grow in different sizes. They can learn to mix chemicals that produce a crystal in one to seven days. Using the plaster shape, crystals can take the shape of a star, dolphin, lightning or pyramid.
8. SmartLab Toys Squishy Human Body
Is your aspiring to be a doctor someday? This toy will help her have fun learning about anatomy! The
This toy set will give her hands-on fun as she takes apart and re-assemble the 12" human model with the squishy organs. She can fit in the bones and muscles then proudly display the human body model on the included stand.
She can pick up cool facts and tidbits by looking inside the 24-page book and organ-izer poster. With the SmartLab Squishy Human Body, engage your child's curiosity and make learning anatomy a fun adventure.
9. NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Dual LED Student Microscope
The battery-operated microscope has dual LED illumination, which means that kids can study the above matter or below it. The microscope comes with prepared slides with a range of biological specimens and accessories like slides, cover slips, a tweezer, petri dish and more.
10. Snap Circuits Jr. SC-100 Electronics Discovery Kit
Some tweens (including girls) need to learn how electrical circuits work. With Snap Circuits Jr. kit, your tween girl can have hands-on experience building models of electrical circuits.
Just snap together parts included in the kit and ensure correct connections by following the included illustrated manual. Build projects including a photo sensor, an adjustable volume siren and a flashing light.
This kit supports the STEM curriculum in developing a students skills. It can make learning about electrical circuits easier and fun.
These 10 are just a few of the learning toys available today. Before you buy, consider your daughter's interests and the skills she needs to develop. These are important if you want your child to maximize the use of the toy and have fun with it.